Noun 1. amusement - a feeling of delight at being entertained; a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

To the Moon and Back

When my children were very young, I started a loving tradition with them. I'd ask them how much I love them and they would respond, with outstretched arms, "This much and more." I love them beyond measure. When I saw the cute rocket ship and sentiment stamp in my A Muse starter kit, I immediately thought of them, although they are now all grown up.


Jeremy, Brock, and Brittney, I love you to the moon and back!

I wanted to add some celestial sparkle to my images, so I mostly colored them with the Copic Spica pens. A Muse sells a clear one and it is perfect for adding a touch of shimmer/shine wherever you need/want it. I also own some of the colored Copic Spica pens and they are what I used on this card.


I even added a bit of cloud paper inside my card - and of course, I had to have a moon!


In this picture you can see that I actually ran the ribbon to the inside of my card, as well. The A Muse Organdy ribbon is so pretty, it cannot be hidden.


This picture shows some of the depth of my card:



I know some of you might be getting eager to order from my A Muse web store. Let me remind you... it will go live on April 1. I look forward to seeing what catches your eye in the catalog. What will you be ordering???







Images: A Muse Make a Scene (page 76 in the catalog) and Quick & Cute Valentines (page 13 in the catalog)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, and Copic Spica pens
Cardstock: from my scrap file
Designer Paper: K & Co. Actopus to Zelephant Designer Mat Pack
Embellishment: A Muse 1/4" Organdy Ribbon (page 94 in the catalog)

3 comments:

  1. A great card that I am sure your kids will love to receiv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I know that Kyle and I have a similar saying and he would love to receive a card like this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! And I also love the story and that you've dedicated this card to your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete