Noun 1. amusement - a feeling of delight at being entertained; a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Have a Swinging Day!

I'm waiting, waiting.... waiting! Not too patiently, I might add. LOL! I keep watching for the UPS truck, even though the tracking information tells me not to expect my A•Muse Starter Kit until Friday. A girl can hope it arrives early, right?

I decided to try to make a swinging card (or sometimes called Flip Flop Card) using the only A•Muse sentiment stamp I currently own and some cute monkey designer paper. I'd never made one of these swinging cards before so googled to find a tutorial. Splitcoast Stampers has a tutorial, but it was a little too involved for me, so I searched elsewhere. I found an awesome scaled drawing at The Character Cafe and started to work. I've also linked the SCS tutorial, just in case you like all the detail involved there.

One thing I did discover about swinging cards... they are challenging to photograph. I'm sorry! There's just no good way to get a fantastic picture.


This is the front of the card:



I took the sentiment stamp and randomly stamped all over the prepared card base before folding it.


Swing the card open and this is what you see:


Closed:



Open:





Have a swinging day!


Sentiment: A•Muse Swinging Day
Ink: Stampin' UP! Taken with Teal
Cardstock: from my scrap file
Designer Paper: Creative Imaginations
Embellishments: tiny brads

7 comments:

  1. This is great Jeanette, love the way he is swinging about on the swing card!! Thanks for the link to the catty, xxlovelauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so adorable. I remember trying to do one of those at a stamp camp! boy are they difficult. Yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... glad you told me about the tutorial at The Character Cafe - I tried the one at SCS, but it wasn't easy enough for me to try again....lol

    Your card is lovey and I adore that monkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so adorable -- what a fun fold this is, and a real cutie of a stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Jeanette...wow...I have yet to try one of those...they are intimidating...Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo Hooo!!! So great, thanks for the links. A Christmas version of this has been on my radar for a couple of years. I've yet to try it though!
    You are such an inspiration. Love these colors together too!
    HEY: IT'S FRIDAY...Be nice to your UPS Driver, don't attack, just answer the door calmly...wink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card! I have not tried that fold yet. Congratulations, on your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete